Opus Connect Cookie Notice
Please check back from time to time for updates to this Cookie Notice.
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your device (computer or mobile device) when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that cookie, to develop a record of the user’s online activity. Cookies may also be set in association with emails you receive from us.
There are different types of cookies:
- Cookies are “persistent,”“permanent,” or “session”:
- Persistent and permanent cookies remain on your device even after you have gone offline. These cookies will remain on your device until you manually delete them or until your browser deletes them based on the duration specified in the cookie file itself.
- Session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- Cookies can also be “first-party”or “third-party”:
- First-party cookies are cookies that are set by Opus Connect.
- Third-party cookies are placed by partners, vendors, and other third parties. We do not control the collection or further use of data by third parties using third party cookies.
Cookies help us enhance your experience when using the Website. They also help us understand how people use our Website, such as which pages are most popular, so that we can better serve our Website users, including our members and prospects.
What Types of Cookies Does Opus Connect Use?
Opus Connect uses essential, functional, and analytics cookies on its Website.
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential for enabling user movement around our Website and providing access to features such as your online account profile and event registrations, member-only resources, and other secure areas of the Website. These cookies are not used for marketing purposes. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies help us provide certain features and functionality on our Website, such as chat functionality.
- Analytics Cookies: We use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how visitors use our Website. These cookies collect information in the aggregate to give us insight into how our website is being used.
For an overview of the privacy of your Google Analytics cookies please go here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245.
How Can I Manage Cookies?
Many cookies can be enabled or disabled through your browser. To disable cookies through your browser, follow the instructions usually located within the “Help,” “Tools,” or “Edit” menus in your browser. Please note that disabling a cookie or category of cookies does not delete the cookie from your browser unless manually completed through your browser function. If you use different devices to access our Website, you will need to manage cookies separately for each browser of each device.
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings like login information.
You can opt out of certain cookies or other trackers by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out page here: http://aboutads.info/choices or the Network Advertising Initiative’s opt-out page here: http://networkadvertising.org/choices.
You can opt out of Google Analytics by going here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
You may install a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by going here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To learn more, you can visit the following links:
- European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EU)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (US)
- Internet Advertising Bureau (EU)
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
For other browsers, please consult the documentation that your browser manufacturer provides.