Client Development / Account Manager
Opus Connect is currently searching for professionals with a Sales and/or Business Development background to join our team, build an exciting career with us and support our growth trajectory.
This role provides unparalleled access to the industries top and most influential executives, as well as the opportunity to gain a tremendous wealth of knowledge and insight into the private equity space.
Opus Connect (www.opusconnect.com) is a lower middle market and middle market M&A focused professional organization with members in fields of private equity, banking, finance, and other transactional professions. Opus Connect has chapters nationwide including Los Angeles, New York City and Chicago.
The Client Development/ Account Manager is primarily responsible for managing existing members, delivering a positive overall membership experience and supporting account growth and new business development. Other responsibilities include event management support and communicating the overall value proposition of Opus Connect.
- Manages the monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals for the assigned chapter(s)
- Prospects new client members for the assigned chapter(s) via phone calls/in person meetings
- Develops and builds the sales cycle by reviewing nonmember attendance, identifying and qualifying potential members and closing member registrations
- Maintains regular contact with key sponsors and board members
- Attends industry conferences and events to identify prospective members and sponsors
- Manages current membership to ensure value is being added
- Manage and grow existing partnership accounts and work with clients to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Coordinates event production for the assigned chapter(s) with internal cross functional resources
- Liaise with board members and sponsors on future events
- Understands and evaluates the member requirements of the assigned chapter(s) and identifies future event needs
- Strategic ownership of the event production process from start to end
- Reports to CEO every week on basic sales metrics and event needs
- Updates CRM (Salesforce) with sales leads tracking
- Stays current with client-relevant knowledge by reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations. Identifies industry trends.
- Maintains general repository of knowledge about sustainability, business, and noteworthy individuals
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years experience in a business development role within a professional services organization
- Detail oriented
- Extroverted personality with excellent communication skills
- Independent, self-starter who is effective at influencing those around you
Please submit a cover note and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “ Client Development/Account Manager “.
Opus Connect is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, committed to diversity and consideration of all applicants for all positions without regard to color, ethnic background, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability status.